Thursday, September 30, 2010

~*Glee: Britney Spears Episode


Ah Glee; a show that I have heard so much about but haven't really gotten in to. In fact the very first episode that I ever watched of Glee was the one that aired this past Tuesday (the Britney one) and I'll admit I won't be watching it again unless they're doing an episode on one of my faves. In all honesty I found the show to be I don't know...eccentric..I mean sitting in the dentist chair and falling asleep then breaking out in to a Britney song is quite strange. The show itself is supposed to be a comedy but I just wasn't feeling it (to be fair I have just watched one episode). Anyways, enough blabber about the show in general and more focus on the Britney episode. The Britney songs that were sung/performed in the episode were: Me Against the Music, Slave 4 U,  Baby One More Time, Toxic and Stronger. In my opinion Toxic and Stronger were the best ones while Slave 4 U didn't really vibe well with me. I liked the twist that they did with Stronger; instead of a female character singing it they had a male character do it (it was interesting to hear a guy sing this song). I'm glad the character (Artie) did a good job on Stronger because it's one of my fave Britney songs. The other performance that I was quite fond of was Toxic, which is a song of Britney's that I don't really like all that much but the Glee cast did an amazing job on it, perhaps better than Brit herself. (I posted the performance of Toxic down below). During the episode Britney herself made a few cameos; as a teacher, a cheerleader and as 'Madonna'. Her cameos were very small but were cute (not all too funny but still is was good to see her).  One thing that I have to say is that Britney is looking A LOT better than she has been in the past - but you have to admit make up and editing do perform miracles. All in all the episode was a good one and it was really nice to hear the 'vintage' Britney again, which is something that I really miss.

Toxic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCAiLq8ICrQ&feature=fvsr

No comments:

Post a Comment